Thursday, November 10, 2011

So Many Good Games...

It's going to be hard to get me to write new articles for the next few days - what with Skyrim, Minecraft's official release, and MW3 to play. Not to mention my new found addiction in AoC:Unchained.

I don't think many people realize this, but Minecraft could teach the MMORPG industry a thing or two. The level of freedom it gives its players in unsurpassed in games today - and it's so open ended and flexible that it can be modded to create whole new games.

For example: currency (I'll do a longer post on this subject soon). I remember in D2 when gold became so abundant that it really didn't matter, people began using runes as currency. I enjoyed that! It may not have been a perfect economy, but the fact that the players invented it was interesting, and it kept things flowing. In Minecraft, there is no currency, so players must invent a system of currency that works for them.

Anyway, I'll try to keep writing during breaks from the aforementioned games. In the meantime, happy gaming!